We’re hiring mechanics and technicians to repair lite, medium, and heavy duty on highway vehicles, as well as industrial generators, motor coaches, trailers and agriculture equipment.
Mid Florida Diesel offers exciting and rewarding diesel mechanic, heavy equipment and electric power generation technician jobs and career opportunities throughout Florida. If you are looking for more than a job, see how Mid Florida Diesel can get you on the right path to a rewarding career. We can provide extensive OEM training for qualified candidates.
Diesel Technician Mechanic Job Responsibilities:
Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all systems pertaining to medium and heavy duty diesel on-highway equipment vehicle.
Diesel Technician Mechanic Job Duties:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; making adjustments to valve mechanisms, governors, control linkages, clutches, etc.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains vehicle records by documenting services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Diesel Technician Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Job Knowledge
Apply in person at: 2215 Hwy 60 East Bartow, FL 33830